Nurses are always at risk for accusations of medical malpractice or negligence.  If someone filed a complaint against you, your license could be put in danger if not defended by a nurse attorney. An RN from Weatherford, Texas is just one of the many examples of nurses who were charged with negligence and failed to hire an effective Weatherford nurse license attorney. R150130N2717

This is exactly what happened to an  RN in Weatherford. Read on to find out her case.

On or about May 22, 2014, while employed as the Director of Nurses in a hospital in Weatherford, the RN failed to administer 60 mg Lasix, a diuretic, to a patient as ordered by the physician. The resident had been on 40 mg of Lasix, but the dose was increased on the date in question.

The RN attempted to contact the physician for a dosage increase, but she was unsuccessful. The RN made the decision to continue the 40 mg dose but failed to clearly communicate to the facility staff prior to leaving town. Instead of continuing the original dose of Lasix, the staff held the Lasix completely for three (3) days until the RN returned to work.

As a result, the patient developed Congestive Heart Failure and was hospitalized so that she could receive intravenous diuretics. The RN’s conduct exposed the patient unnecessarily to a delay in the treatment of her disease process

In response to the incident, the RN states that she takes full responsibility for this incident adding that it was never her intention that the resident misses three days of her medication. She asserts that she did want clarification of the medication and that there was a breakdown in communication between herself and the staff.

However, without an effective Weatherford nurse license attorney to help her defend her side, the RN was suspended by the Texas Board of Nursing.

If someone filed a case against you involving misconduct, malpractice, or negligence, it is wise to consult with a Weatherford nurse license attorney who knows everything about nurse cases.  Contact nurse attorney Yong J. An at (832) 428-5679 if someone filed a complaint against you.